Thursday, August 18, 2016

Wednesday

Today is the 53rd Wedding Anniversary of my besets friend and his wife. This is a fantastic accomplishment by any standard. They are two of the nicest people I know and I am proud to call them my friends.

Him and I grew up together and came to this country together. He worked hard and created a beautiful family that includes two children and a multitude of grandkids.

I was  his best man at his wedding in 1963 and thinking back how much have happened in all that time.

My wife and I wish them both many, many years of health and happiness from here on!

Being sentimental brings up another thing.

Today I had lunch with some former colleagues from the company I retired from. These guys I knew for over 40 years and today we met for a brief lunch. We all are pretty much the same age and it was interesting to se how each is handling the passing of time.

Some still work some are totally retired. Unfortunately the retirees are  retired not on their own volition. Things were slow and they were asked to "voluntarily" retire. None had a choice so they did.

But today it was happy bunch that got together for a Chinese lunch and relived the good old days. We talked about people we lost through there years, asked about some people we lost contact with, talked about our personal lives and other stuff.

We worked together for about forty years. We did know a lot about each other's personal lives so it was not being nosy to inquire.

Once the lunch was over we agreed to meet a year from now again. Back in the good old days we saw each other every day but had no choice. Now we have a choice and once a year is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment