Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Tuesday

I am back on terra firms. Not that I left good old terra but I'm back at my home terra firma.

Back from a glorious week in Hawaii. I were in several places in the Caribbean but Hawaii is one of a kind. Before this trip I never felt the urge to visit. I always said it was probably just another American location filled with MacDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken.

How wrong I was. I didn't see a single KFC. But I did see beautiful nature, flowers in gorgeous colors, palm trees galore and all kinds of lush tropical vegetation. The people were friendly (the locals, not the tourists) and the sights were unbelievable.

Our flight was aa eleven hour non-stop flight from New York but it was worth not to waste time on transfers. Left NY at 7:30 am got to Honolulu around 1:30 pm. Not bad! We still had the rest of the day.

The weather was exceptional except on Sunday we were hit by a drenching tropical storm. The rain was so heavy that even pizza deliveries stopped and we were stuck in our hotel with no food. Imagine, we are here in paradise and we are going to bed hungry.

We had some preplanned trips and we also had time for ourselves. Walked a lot and had the chance to get to now your area which was pretty much the center of Waikiki.

The trip back home appeared to be longer because we left in the afternoon, flew through the night and arrived at NY around 6:30 am. This was when later jet lag kicked us. But now we are ok and ready to plan the next Hawaiian vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment