Saturday, May 8, 2021

Car

Today, lacking doing anything useful we went and looked for new cars. Not that we want to buy one but ours is two years old and has enormous mileage on it. So, it is just a question of time when will be the right time.

Our current car and several of my previous cars were Hyundais. I personally think Hyundai is a great car, that is why we stopped at our dealer and lokked at the new additions. My wife saw a model caled Palisade and wanted to see it. She has great taste, this is one of the more expensive cars they have.

We have an SUV and that is the type we want. This car starts around $50,000 and then goes up. Well that was getting that car. Then we looked at the Santa Fe model. We used to have one and that is a great car. Its MSRP is $42,000 but by the time it is finished it went up to $47,000.

This increase was done with a sticker next to the regular new car poster. There were some words I couldn't understand, so I asked a salesman for explanation. 

He said that because of the chip shortage they have a certain model shortage. And due to that shortage they jack up the price of the ones they have in stock or they can get.

I am not sure if this is legal but certainly it looks like highway robbery to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment