Thursday, May 20, 2021

Exhaustion

8:30 am - Getting up. My wife informs me that I should hurry up and get ready because we have lots of things to do. Ok, said I.

9:30 am - We are going to Home Depot to buy a small caliber window air conditioner. Because of the current heat wave we were sweltering in the apartment. We have two a/c here in the building in storage, a few more somewhere else in storage but we needed a third one for today.

11:30 am - My wife with help from the building super is hosing down all the windows from the outside. We are living on the ground floor and that is not a big deal. My job is to make sure all windows were closed. They were.

12 pm - The building super begins installing three window a/cs. This lasted a few hours. In the middle of it my wife had to leave because she had to drive Abigail to an emergency socializing with her girlfriends and thus left me alone with the big bad super.

3 pm - All done. The air conditioners are installed and the apartment is very comfy. Now we start cleaning. My job is dusting the furniture and vacuuming the floors. Naturally, I do this voluntarily. I said it before that my darling wife is a clean freak. No cleaning is good enough. Once a week we do a once a season major cleaning and this bugs the heck out of me. But if I want to eat I better keep my mouth shut.

Around 5:30 pm we noticed a funny odor in the air and realized that Robin did the unthinkable. Emergency street walk, washing his backside and cleaning wherever he did it.

6:45 pm - Scheduled walk around the block with Robin

7:30 pm - My wife stepped into something that don't belong inside the apartment which resulted in another major cleaning. Robin now is in the doghouse!

Now it is 8 pm, and the day is not over yet. I wonder what lurks in the shadows.

Retirement should be quiet and relaxing and I am still waiting for that!






 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment