Sunday, May 9, 2021

Chores

I allways thought that retirement is like sitting around and do nothing useful, absolutely nothing. How mistaken I was.s

When I worked, I got up in the morning, went to work, got home around six or seven, had dinner, watched a little tv then went to sleep after the 11 o'clock news. This was the routine most of the time during the week.

Well, this not the routine now. I got up around 8:30-9 in the morning and keep going with very little intermissions all day into about midnight. My wife, God bless her, is a clean freak. The apartment has to be dusted and vacuumed every single day. There are other things too, but these two items are my chores. So, every program we might have which are currently not too many, revolve around the scheduled cleaning. In plain english, this is a pain in the "donkey".

Abigail is not doing much, she hides behind her studying so I get to do enough. These plus other things in helping my dear wife in our everyday life keep me pretty busy. It is good and bad. Good because it keeps me occupied, bad because sometime I just want to sit down and do absolutely nothing. But I guess I am just too young to do nothing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment