Thursday, June 3, 2021

19

Today is Abigail's birthday. Today shde is 19 years old. How time flies! When I first met her, about seven years ago she was a nice, polite little girl who was always happy to see me.

Now, she is a teenager. That one word describes everything. Actually, this is her  last teenager birthday. As much as she does not like it she will be treated as an adult. Living home, taking the first year college courses online from the comforts of her room does not provide much possibility for growing up and maturing.

I keep telling her that just by saying that I am 19 years old does not make her an adult. 19 is only a number, just like 84! Anyway, she is still her mom's baby and will stay that way regardless of her age. But I guess every parent is that way. I know, my parents treated the same way. Actually, when one one occasion my Mom was here in New York, at one time I said something and She smacked me in the mouth. I was 39 years old but she thought I deserved it. I probably did.

Anyhoo, today we are celebrating our little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment