Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Toyota

 According to history, in 1933 President Hoover signed the Buy American Act. This rule is requiring companies who have contracts with the federal government  contracts to buy products from u companies. rather than from foreign countries. 

I believe this was a good rule. I know it was in force when I was working because we had to abide by it. I don't know if it is still in force or just in principle. I also believe that municipal governments should also observe this Act because they are just as American as the federal government. Actually, maybe even more because they are the closest to the people they represent.

As it is known I live in New York City. The other day my wife and I were driving and I saw two cars with city government license plates. Both cars were Toyotas. No matter how we look at it Toyota is not an american brand. Even if it is assembled in the US, it still a Japanese car.

Why the municipal government of New York City needs to purchase Japanese cars rather than American made?

I am not talking about patriotism, I am talking about common sense. I am sure in Japan the official cars are all Japanese made and not American made.

1 comment:

  1. Japanese cars are famously reliable. South Korean ones even better.

    ReplyDelete