Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Fair

Yesterday, Sunday there was a street fair in our neighborhood. This annual event was not held last year because of the pandemic so, the big turnout was understandable, and the good weather was also a contributing factor.

The way life is, this was my main social event. The family went out to be seen and to check out what was available. In short it was ok.

There were political candidates, there was food and ample supply of things to buy. Things one normally would not buy but these wendors make us believe their merchandises are the best deals on town. We were strong and resisted all temptations...

There were a few food items that I liked and fell for. One was freshly pressed sugar cane juice. Teven if it is not very hehis is great stuff. I used to drink it in St. Maarten and I loved it. The downside of it was that a cup filled halfway up with ice and the rest with the juice cost $8. Pretty steep.

The other thing I like is fresh grilled sausage on a large bun with fried stuff with it. Every time we go to this fair I have to have one and yesterday was no exception. It is really very tasty even if it is not very healthy. Maybe that is why it tastes so good. This one's downside is that it costs $15. My wife and I each had one, there went $30.

I don't remember the previous prices but I am sure they went up. And, I don't hink Biden had anything to do with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment