Monday, June 14, 2021

Leadership

Now, that we are in the midst of our political campaign season the candidates are all over to be seen and heard. Their phony attitude is becoming more and more obvious as the days go by. Each and every one want to show what an ordinary person he or she is.

They show themselves to be approachable, friendly, and one of us regular people. I guess this is also taught in political science classes. They are everything but that.

Once elected, they are beyond approach, promises not kept and they all talk their way out of any calamity they cause or getting into. No wonder, most of them are lawyers.

Political office seekers lie and cheat and get away with it. During campaign season they all walk around with a halo over their heads and make us believe that they can walk on water. They want us to believe that they are the answer to the problems the current office holder created regardles who that might be.

There is no racial discrimination in this country yet, every political office seeker blatantly plays the race card. By doing that they are emphasizing discrimination. But I guess they teach that also in political science classes.

It turns my stomach to see how they dance, play games, mingle and go to diners to talk to ordinary people in a show of being one of us. They are everything but one of us.

In New York City's mayoral campaign I can not find one candidate who in my opinion is qualified. One is a chinese businessman who seems to run in every election for whatever office is available, one is an African American politician who plays the black card, one is a former City commissioner (woman)  and one is a jewish City office holder who wants a promotion. And these are just the democrats. I don't know who the republicans are but I am sure they are not any better either.

I know my vote alone will not make any difference but still, I will think hard before Election Day. 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment