Saturday, June 12, 2021

Election

When a herd of elephants are moving, they always follow one, who might be the leader. When the cows move in a large group, they always follow one in the front even if they don't know that one. Any animal group in their movements follow a kind of leader even if that leader leads them into their peril. 

Well, it seems that mankind is the same way. My Mother always told me not to be a follower. She said I should follow my instincts and not to listen to others. And, I am trying to live u to that teaching.

In New York City major elections are looming. From mayor down to several city positions are up for grabs. Television, as usual is filled with ads declaring the virtues of each of the candidates. These declarations are being done by the chest beating candidates themselves.

Each one of them has a slew of big name supporters, including unions and newspapers. They all trying to influence poor simple minded me for my vote.Well, it ain't gona happen!

Some of these supporters are the exact reason why I wouldn't vote for one or the other. Rep. Ocasio-Cortes,  Sen, Elizabeth Warren, Rep. Jerry Nadler are the specific ones that I do not like and their support for a candidate assures that he will not get my vote.

The way I look at it, if they have a supportee that means they also have an understanding. Instructions will be given and instructions will be observed. They are all crooked, they just work toward different goals. A newspaper's support means just as much. The way I look at it a newspaper today is only good for one thing: wrapping things. The New York Times is specially good for this task because of its size. But who the hell is the Times to tell me who should I vote for?

When the time comes I will make up my own mind and not because some crooked politician tells me to.


No comments:

Post a Comment