Friday, June 18, 2021

Sun

Usually around this time, in previous years I was already sun tanned. As soon as the weather got milder beach visits were the priority programs. This way, by the time I got to the Caribbean I was already prepared for the strong sun. Thsi was not the smartest thing I did in my life but at the times it looked good and I never thought of the consequences.

Now I am paying the piper. Almost everything that is wrong with my skin is the caused by sun damage, according to my dermatologists. Well, looking back at my experiences I would say, it is ok now, it was worth it. Not the smartest thing, I know but what is done is done.

When we went on vacation recently, in 2019, I seriously protected myself. When in the water, shirt on, when in the sun, shirt on and hat on. Takes all the fun out of summer. Not very easy to swim with a wet shirt on one's back.

But what I miss the most even with these restrictions is the beach. I used to go out at least three times a week. Last year not once, and this year does not promise to be any different. My family is not very beach oriented, even though Abigail already visited a beach here with her boyfriend.

My wife has sensitive skin and understandably not much of a sun worshipper. So, I am locked in the apartment, dreaming of the sand and surf. Maybe, when we have chance to go to Hawaii, or the Caribbean I will be able to get a little enjoyment.

Is this what old age is about?

No comments:

Post a Comment