Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Ads

"Where is the beef?", "I don't believe I ate the whole thing!", "He likes it! Hey , Mikey!", "Time to make the donuts", "Please don't squeeze the Charmin" and many, many more.

These are unforgettable commercial slogans for years and years ago. Even though I am not a youngster I do still remember these. They were kind of funny. It didn't mean that I ran to the stores and bought these products it just meant that they were memorable.

It showed that back then there were advertising people with imagination because they created products that stayed with us throughout the years. Unfortunately, today's ads are lame, tasteless and easily forgettable. There is not a single TV ad that I would call memorable. 

While watching TV I see ads that make me wonder who was the idiot who designed it and who was or were the idiots wo approved it. Companies spend big bucks on tv commercials and at the same time they produce such idiotic messages that it is unbelievable. 

I guess working for an ad agency is easy. It does not need any talent, just the know how to sell your work to the client. And if the client, the advertiser, doesn't know any better they would buy and pay for anything as long as they see their name up there. 

And the public, as stupid as it is will buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment