Sunday, November 28, 2021

The dinner

Our Thanksgiving dinner was a roaring success. My wife and Abigail worked for hours preparing it.          To start it off we had turkey soup with necks in it. I love turkey necks because they have so much meat on them.                                                                                                                                                                  The next course was the meat, mashed potato, green beans, gravy and cranberry jelly. I got a drumstick that was fantastic. There was so much tasty meat on it and it was flavored with garlic that I just loved every bite.                                                                                                                                                          For dessert, we had pumpkin pie and apple pie. Very American! We also opened a bottle of Asti Spumante (very Continental) which was ultimately finished.

After dinner we had family time. The girls decided that we should play Monopoly. I really don't like Monopoly and that showed in my plays. In about two hours I went totally bankrupt. That much for my business acumen. On the other hand, my wife and Abigail profited from my shortcomings. Fortunately, this had no effect on the entire evening.                                                                                                                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment