Friday, November 19, 2021

Chips

I am very disappointed in America. If I would have a written guarantee I would like to ask for my money back.

Yesterday, there was an announcement on one of the business stations that General Motors announced that due to chip shortage they will discontinue offering seat warmers in their cars.

This is a terrible news. A world collapsed in me. All my life hope was kept in me that one day I will have a warm ass in a cold car. And now, that hope went out the window. What kind of world we live in, where a person can not even have his bottom comfortably heated in a cold car?

I wonder if this only applies to the less expensive cars or to the higher priced one also? Hard to imagine that owner of a high priced Cadillac will have his arse just as cold as a Chevrolet Sparks.  

As far as I were buying cars, the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price was always a starting point in car buying. The game was how far one can go below that price and what extras can the dealer give with the car. I always loved this haggling, and at the end I always believed I made a good deal.

Not long ago we went to a Hyundai showroom and noticed that all new cars had an additional fee added to their basic prices. When I asked I was told that was because the chip prices went up. Never heard this kind of explanation before.

How big is a chip? How many chips can they put in a shipping container? Probably enough for all the cars in the world several times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment