Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Doctors, again

I have some medical issues that need attention. And unfortunately some of these attentions should be given sooner than later. So, I make appointments believing that those appointments will be kept.

On Sunday night, Sunday not weekday, I got a call from one of those doctors' offices telling me that the doctor will not be in on this Wednesday and the earliest appointment I can get is December 1. This really upset me, because I do not want to wait that long.

I can understand that the doctor has other things to do, maybe play golf, but when he has hours only on Wednesdays in that particular office it is irresponsible to cancel all of them. And what is more that it is totally irresponsible for the staff not to try to accommodate the patient when help is needed.

Looks like doctors are doing extremely well. Lately we noticed that in order to get an appointment you have to look far ahead in the calendar because they are all totally booked. At least one business is flourishing.

In the old days it was commonly believed that doctors did not practice on Wednesdays because that was their day off to play golf. Maybe this custom is coming back and Wednesday hours will disappear. 

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment