Saturday, November 20, 2021

TV Show

On CBS Tv there is a crime series based on the FBI. It has three parts, first is called FBI, the second is called FBI International, and the third is FBI Most Wanted. They are shown right after each other and many times the stories intertwine.

Anyway it is the second, FBI International I want to write about. This is about four agents stationed in Europe to solve crimes there involving Americans. Interestingly, they are stationed in Budapest, Hungary. I like to watch and trying to identify the various neighborhoods. Now, these agent travel to different countries in the area to solve crimes. 

What I noticed, and probably other Hungarians also did that the folmmakers don't pay much attention to background details. For example in one show that was to take place in Paris, we could see the Eiffel Tower in right behind a fairly well known Hungarian bank's storefront. I checked, and that bank does not have Paris branch.

In another story that happened in Warsaw, street scenes were filmed with occasional Polish signs but Hungarian store designations were very visible. In my opinion, aside from far shots of a particular city they film all the stories in Hungary which is ok, but then pay attention to the backgrounds. The American viewers probably never notice these little flubs but Hungarians certainly will.  

If I would have done such shoddy job where I worked I would have gotten kicked out a long time ago. I know that Warsaw is a cosmopolitan city but I doubt that they have stores and streets with Hungarian names.

No comments:

Post a Comment