Sunday, July 17, 2022

Dinner

For a wife, housewife, mother to come up with a daily menu is one of the most difficult things in the world. In our house we are three of us and each one likes different things. If my wife makes something I really like it is pretty definite that at least one member of the household will not like it. 
Hungarian cuisine.

It got to the point that I don't suggest any longer. She puts it front of me and I eat it. I also learned throughout the years that it is not worth criticizing. Years ago, I was told you ctiticize it, you will wear it! Keeping this in mind I just eat it. Occasionally my wife what would I like to eat, but this does not happen very frequently.

Abigail is not a great fan of Hungarian cooking. There is a long list of things she does not like. Weirdly, she likes Japanese, Thai, Spanish and Chinese foods a lot. I don't know where she picked up this custom. I could easily live on Hungarian cooking.

Yesterday Abigail said she would like to have Hungarian fish soup for dinner. The expression fish soup doesn't give justice to this meal. In Hungarian it is called halaszle. This is a soup with chunks of good fish in it. It is costumary to spice it up with hot paprika. The home of this meal is Szeged but there are many variations to it. Probably as many as many housewives are making it. 

Last night's fish soup turned out fantastic. We had two kinds of fish in it and I can't wait for tonight when we will have the leftovers. This is the kind of food that tastes better and better as time goes by, like goulash soup, stuffed cabbage and solet (cholent).

Vive la Hungarian cuisine!



No comments:

Post a Comment