Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Sitting

I feel like Sitting Bull. Except I am not Indian, and I am surely better looking than the old Bull was. Today I did a lot of sitting.

Before noon. my wife had some chores to take care of and I decided to go with her. That led to an hour sitting in the car and waiting. After that we had some banking business to attend to and that meant another hour sitting in the bank. In the afternoon I had a doctor's appointment where I sat for an hour in the waiting area before being called in. After being in another 45 minutes wait in the examination room before the doctor showed up. 

Actually, I waited longer than the entire visit took but at the end it was worth it because he was very satisfied with my lab results. This is not bragging just communicating what he said. He is a hematologist and keeps watching my blood for any sign of cancer. 

Regardless of what country a doctor comes from I am convinced that in any medical school there is a course about how to treat patients. Not medically but physically. Every doctor I visited with do the exact same thing: first they make you wait then call you in and then they make you wait even more.

The funny thing was that many times I was called in at my appointment time but the doctor did not come in for another 45 minutes to an hour. I know somebody who quit his doctor saying that his time was just as valuable as the doctor's.

No comments:

Post a Comment