Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Webcam

The Western Wall in Jerusalem is one of the holiest sites in the Jewish religion. It is believed that prayers emanating from there reach God directly and many more believes. Part of the wall was built over two thousand years ago, and it is still standing. Huge crowds of people go there daily to pray. It is open 24/7 and theoretically it is for all religions, but I think Jews are the primary attendees. 

I like web cameras because they rarely lie. Also, I like to see things as they happen and not the sanitized versions. Anyway, I found a website that shows 24/7 the Wall. My wife and I are now hooked on it. Find it extremely interesting and moving. I never had any urge to visit Israel but now that I am seeing this I really would like to go.

I grew up in a non-religious environment that was the result of the prevailing political system. I also suffered because I am Jewish. Consequently, I did not go around loudly advertising my religion. My religion and my believes are between me and my Maker!

Watching the Wall, I find it very interesting the number of young people who visit it and pray alongside of it.I don't know how many Americans or other nationalities are there but that is not important. The important thing is that not all young people are about playing, drinking and not being useful. Young boys and girls come to the Wall and pray. Not because their parents say so but because they believe in it. And this is what I find very refreshing.   

I wish I could see such a devotion in this country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment