Friday, February 17, 2023

End of the line

Yesterday it was in the news that Raquel Welch passed away at the age of 82. I remember her if not for superior acting but for her outstanding beauty. For years she did not make the news but now she did for the wrong reasons. I remember her, I saw several of her movies and really liked her. It is sad that she passed away but that's life.

Actually, 82 not a ripe age for ending life. I don't believe there is a correct age for that.

At my age this subject is not taboo anymore. Can't help but wonder what form will I or any of us will meet the Great Reaper. We all have our theories or wishes. 

For a while I imagined I would find my end in a plane crash. That is irreversible, or just go to sleep and quietly slip away. My friend told me he thought he would be in a car crash and that would be the end. The bad thing about it is that our spouses expressed that they would not be on the same plane or in the same car with us.

The bottom line is that nobody knows. But it is very depressing to hear in the news about people's passing who are invariably our age.

My cousin, God rest his soul, had a girl friend who always said that he (my cousin) had less ahead of him than behind. He passed away at the age of 85. At this point I outlived him!  

No comments:

Post a Comment