Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Robin

I used to have cat by the name of Micu. We got him shortly after he was born and stayed with me for 22 years. He was with me through thick and thin. When he expired it was due to old age and not because of any health condition. The vet said he was very well kept and that contributed to his longevity. When he died, I was very sad. It was like I lost a family member and at that time I couldn't see myself getting another pet and go through another heartbreak.

But now we have Robin. He is six years old and there is a good chance that he might outlive me. But who knows! Anyway, he is now part of our family, and I just can't imagine us without him. Everything we do revolves around him. And he knows it. Robin is very funny. He is extremely attached to my wife. He thinks he is her main protector. When any one of us try to go near her he starts to snarl.

If Abigail, my wife and I stand up and do a community hug he jumps up barks and wants to be included. He also understands English and Hungarian. If we say "let's go" in any of those languages he understands it and immediately jumps up and ready to go.

We are sitting quietly, and my wife calls out to me, Robin starts to bark to me like saying "hey stupid old man, didn't you hear it". Aside that he needs to be taken out five times a day he is still good to have. I know that in his own way he loves us and loyal to us. Regardless that he bites me over and over again he still loves to curl up on my lap and that is worth a lot.

Originally, I was against getting a dog but now I really don't mind that we have him. Can't imagine our life without him. This family never listens to me any way but this time I'm ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment