Sunday, February 19, 2023

Optimism

I am an optimist. I believe in the good and try to avoid the bad. I believe if I don't concern myself with the bad it eventually will solve itself and disappear. This is a good attitude that does not work all the time but works enough times to keep believing in it.

Here is what an optimist I am. A few days ago, I signed up to a subscription for the next three (3) years. after when I thought about it in my age three years from now, I will be almost 90. That is a very respectable age if I may say so. And furthermore, I DO PLAN to be here!

I guess getting a 30 year mortgage is a little pushing it, no?

I hate this not being realistic as far as the future is involved. I know that I and my friends of the same age group live their lives normally without any thought of what the future holds. There is very little we can do about it so why worry? 

Obviously, there are doors that are already closed for us. Like if we would want to work there is really nobody who would hire an 86 year old person (maybe because we are too smart). There are certain physical activities that may look doable in our minds, but the body tells us, forget it, you are too old for this.

My bucket list now fills a very small bucket. Things that I aspired for now are just unfulfilled dreams. The plus side of this equation is that we are smarter than anybody around us, we have all the answers and there is very little we didn't do yet.

Maybe that is why people don't like us oldsters!


No comments:

Post a Comment