Friday, February 10, 2023

Why

Why did I miss Wednesday? I have a very good and logical explanation. Here are the details.

Next door to us lives a youngish, single woman. Unfortunately, she smokes marijuana. For a while she smoked inside her apartment then when she was warned she went outside to the street but lately she resumed smoking inside. She was warned several times but somehow, she just didn't heed any warning.

Things got so bad that several times the smell of weed penetrated through the wall into our apartment. The last time it was the middle of last week. The room was Abigail's bedroom and her closet. You can imagine how upset my wife and I became but mainly my wife.

The building super told us that other people also complained but the landlord said there was nothing he could (or would) do. In New York now this is not illegal. Even though the lease explicitly forbids any kind of smoking inside the building the landlord doesn't want to do anything.

So, my wife decided to switch bedrooms. Ours with Abigails. She probably figured that at my age I lived through so much this kind of poisoning would not hurt me.

This is what we did on Wednesday. Switched contents of closets, rehung pictures, switched all the furniture. By this morning every bone in my body, every muscle in my body hurt. Even though I did just a small proportion of work compared to my wife. I also found out that even though my brain says I can do it the reality is that I have the fraction of the strength I used to have. Is this old age?

Well, if it is they can keep it.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment