Sunday, February 26, 2023

MRI

I had a little accident and that necessitated an MRI. The other day they did it for me and I tell you it was the worse I ever had. They MRId my hand and wrist and I found out that these body parts and the elbow are the most difficult ones to do. When it is difficult it means they twist you like a pretzel until they find the correct pose for the pictures.

In my life I did have several MRIs but none was so painful and difficult as these. The pose I had to lie in for 40 minutes was so uncomfortable that I can not begin to describe it. I am convinced that the engineers who design these monstruous machines don't care about patient comfort. If they did would have changed their design.

The poor technician who operated the machine was trying very hard to make me comfortable but with no success. She kept apologizing but I told her it was not her fault. Anyway, like a good trooper I heroically endured all the pains and discomforts with the knowledge that I, hopefully will never have to have this thing done again.

No comments:

Post a Comment