Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Boyfriend

The quoted text is from an article about why fathers do not like their daughters' boyfriends. This just prove that I am not alone in my feelings toward Abigail's guy. This text is close to my reality even though Abigail is not my biological child. Living with her for all these years, I got used to her, I worry about her and when I see her accomplishments, I am very proud of her. 

The bond between father and daughter is one of the most important relationships in a girl’s life. She is not hesitant at all to pour her heart out to her dad, and of course, fathers tend to be extra protective of their princesses. From the clothes she chooses to wear to the people she hangs out with, fathers seek to have a say in everything. For a dad, his daughter is his angel. In such a case, if any other guy comes into her life who claims that he will take care of her just as well as the former does, it can give rise to some conflicts of opinion.

The consensus is that a father cannot approve that his daughter has a boyfriend, no matter how intelligent and capable he may be. He is always greeted with scorn. While this is a generalization and there are always exceptions to every rule, this is proven to apply to most cases.

So, it is natural that I can not stomach her current, and first boyfriend. Unfortunately, she made up her mind and there is no criticism that she will accept. This guy is her god and when he says jump she asks how high. Abigail is convinced that she found her love of life and this relationship will last forever. (I am ready to throw up when I hear this.)

I have a very good relationship with Abigail but criticism she will not take. Very stubborn and there is only one way, hers. She is even molding this prince of hers to see things her way. I really feel sorry for this boy. If we even mention the subject of future boyfriends, she shuts her ears and don't want to hear about it regardless that we tell her that she is young and there will be others. Not for her is the answer.

The boy is a year older, almost, studying accounting. Lazy as anything. Only thing he likes to do is sle2ep in late. Doesn't do any sports, can't swim and he only likes to come over to our house, sit in Abigail's room and watch videos. I don't think I spoke to him more than ten words since he is in our life. What am I to talk about? Useless as far as I can see it.

My wife has a good rapport with him but I think only for the sake of Abigail. I believe that his laziness is a very bad influence to Abigail who needs someone to keep her moving. But what can I do? 

This is Abigail's life and if this is what she wants that is what she will get. I just hope later she won't be sorry. 





No comments:

Post a Comment