Friday, June 3, 2022

Innovation

Life is a continuous improvement. What was new yesterday is old and obsolete today and by tomorrow it is ancient. Years ago, I bought a computer, and I purchased a guarantee with it. Granted the guarantee came handy because in its first year its hard drive had some problem, and they replaced the computer without any argument.

I renewed this guarantee for the second year and by its third year they only offered telephone consultation. When the fourth year came by and I heard nothing from the company I called them. They said they were not offering any guarantee or warranty any longer. At my inquiry their response was that my computer was old. Four years old and they consider that old? this is ridiculous. Who will go out and by a new computer every three or four years and goes through the hassle of setting it up?

I am sure businesses are not replacing their computers that frequently. The one I had in my office, I am sure was more than four years old. But this a gimmick. This is how they force us, the defenseless poor consumer to spend more money. Nowadays there must be at least one computer in every household. This world is built on email communication. Lack of computers make life much more difficult. It was proven during the pandemic when schools were holding classes online. 

The families of every student at least in New York had to have a computer in order for their children to participate in class. The computer companies are salivating at these numbers and when they say that a four year old equipment is too old they just want to make us feel defenseless and bad. The other thing is that just when an old bloke like me gets used to my computer an upgrade comes about and starts to make my life more complicated. Oh, they also let you know that these upgrades are standard on the newer models.

The American way!

No comments:

Post a Comment