Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Light summer

A light summer. That is what everybody in my building hope for. A light summer with no record breaking temperatures. no heat waves. If I would be a regular beachgoer, as I used to be I would pray for the heat. But under these circumstances I am not doing it. There are two main reasons.  

One, I am paying the piper for spending all those previous decades under the sun. All those beautiful tans I had resulted in skin cancer. Thank God, not a serious type but still cancer. They say skin cancer is one of the easiest to cure. We'll see. Every time I go to the dermatologist, and he/she finds something not very kosher their explanation for the cause is simple: sun damage. So, I am being very understanding to my situation and not wanting to cause any more problems, I am staying away from the beach as much as I can.

Also helpful that neither my wife and Abigail are much beach fans. Sitting under the sun or umbrella and venture into the water for 5-6 hours just don't sound very inviting to them. I just don't understand these people. Don't they realize how good that is? They like the beach as much as I like to wander around a mall for 4-5-6 hours!

The second reason why I hope for a light summer is that all our window air conditioners were removed or not allowed to be installed because the exterior work being done on the building. If we are lucky that work will be completed by late fall and then the air conditioners will not be needed. So we are praying for a light summer.

Now, was this not an interesting little article?

1 comment: