Sunday, June 26, 2022

Chimney cake

My wife loves chimney cake. In Hungarian it is called kurtos kalacs. This something that can be found in Hungary and in nsome neighboring countries. When a few years ago we went to Hungary, we sopped for a few days in Prague. In the center if the city this delicacy was very available and naturally my wife had a great time.

Here in New York, it is very difficult to find. This is a cake and making it is not very difficult except the special equipment needed. Thin dough strips are rolled tight onto a cylindrical surface and that form is then rotated over heat thereby baking the dough. Various stuff is used for filling and also for flavoring the surface. The end product can be very tasty. I never heard of it until my wife introduced it to me and I liked it.

We found an outdoor market where this stuff is being sold and tonight we plan to visit it. Not fat from us in the old World's Fair park there is a weekly international open-air market on Saturday nights and my investigative powers found that at one stand a Romanian baking company sells this cake.

Now we have tonight's program. We are going to chase chimney cake. I'll let you know how it turned out.







No comments:

Post a Comment