Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Life

8, 8:30 am I wake up. Usually sleep well with the exceptions of a few bathroom trips. I have my morning coffee, listen to the new and around 10 I make myself presentable (?). I do not want to look like an old man, unkept, unshaven and not dressed.

I usually feel pretty good in the first half of the day. I can move without any problems, I am not tired and my mind is still with me. But come late afternoon, things slowly change. Getting up from the sofa is more of an effort as the day goes by. As far as I know my mind is still there although my family does not always agree with me.

By later in the evening I am becoming very sleepy. I have to add that I don't take afternoon naps unlike some other lucky people! Around 10 while we are watching tv I very frequently fall asleep but my "loving" family always wake me up. We usually take Robin out for his last walk for the day around midnight. It is a real effort for me to stay awake that long. But once that is over and I had my shower I have no difficulty falling asleep. 

Late afternoons and evenings my walk is becoming a little more uncertain, I find that I am relying on my cane for balance, and actually by our midnight walk with Robin my cane is my most reliable friend.

The question is, is this typical of old age? Because if it is I am not very satisfied with it. But what can I do?   All I have left is just to grin and bear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment