Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Illusions

When one lives long enough, he or she sees many things change. Some changes are for the better while so are for the worse. Unfortunately, right or wrong we have to accept all of them. But there is a tghhing that is hard, at least for me to get used to.

In my years I did see a lots of movies, tv shows. I had my favorite actors and actresses, and I got used to what they looked like in those years. Years later, when I did not hear about them, I suddenly had some opportunity to see current pictures of them, in all honesty it scared the pants off me.

At award shows they always pull out some older performer for some self-gratifying presentation. Like at the recent Oscar ceremony they brough Liza Minelli on stage in a wheelchair. The woman could barely speak, she was a sorrowful sight. I used to love Ann Margaret. Now, she is 81 years old and nearly not as beautiful as she used to be. The same goes for Sophia Loren. Now she is 87 years old and... The same goes for many other performers from the old times.

I watch older movies and see these beautiful people and then the bubble bursts. All my illusions are gone when I see what they became. Child boy actors from years ago became bald, paunchy guys, while girls became barely recognizable old women. The trouble is that some of these people can not deal with age. They do not want to accept that they age. Just recently I saw a Sylvester Stallone movie, Rambo, last blood.

There was plenty of violence Rambo style, but Stallone should stay away from front of the camera. He wa never a good looking guy but now he looked terrible. 75 years old and in that movie, he looked at least ten years older. Thankfully this was the last of the Rambo series because he died at the end.

Fortunately, I look good for my age (says me)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment