Monday, July 19, 2021

Abigail

Abigail has many friends. Most of her friends are from the middle school and high school days. Some friends she is very close to some are just there. There is this girl she is very close to because they know each other since middle school. 

It seems that when Abigail started middle school she did not know anybody there. and this girls was one of the first to approach her and be nice to her. Thus, a friendship was born and is going strong for about six years now.

That is nothing compared to some of my friends who keep close to each other for over 65 years already, but it is a start.

June 2 was old Abigail's birthday and as a present this girl and her family invited her for a weekend at their (I think timeshare). She was there in previous years but in those years she had to pay for her food and entertainement. This time is a present and all costs are covered. 

They left Friday afternoon and we will pick her up this afternoon. Unfortunately, she has class Monday morning so, she can not stay any longer. She didn't call much and we guess that she is enjoying herself. Right now, the weather is pretty crappy but I hope it has no effect on their good time.

As far as me, I am enjoying the peace and quiet. Whenever Abigail goes away, the first thing she asks of me if I had missed her, and my answer is always: no. But in reality, I do miss her. It is very quiet here. Even Robin misses her. He doesn't understand what is happening, why she is not here. But I think he got used to it. But when she will come home Robin will be in total ecstasy. 

So today we are looking forward to a trip.







No comments:

Post a Comment