Saturday, July 17, 2021

Me

I am not obsessed with old age, but since I am surrounded with it (my own) this is a major subject for me. It is a psychological phenomena. I sit on the sofa (lately a lot), and watch TV. Looking at various physical acts happening within a given storyline I keep telling myself that I can do those (just because I used to be able to). 

Then reality hits in. I have to get up, let's say to go to get a drink, and I realize that I can barely walk. Sitting in the car for an extended period of time makes walking difficult until my bones/muscles get used to it. At the start I waddle like a duck. Normal and painless walking takes a while, and I still have to use a cane for balance.

Now, in my book this is old age. I don't believe marathon runners at my age. They probably use some muscle builders that will over strain their systems, but they are doing it just for show. I believe our bodies are telling us it is time to slow down at by this time.

Thanks to Robin, I do walk enough but unfortunately sitting on the sofa is a primary occupation. I never had a sharp mind, so I can not tell if it is dull or just duller. There are names I can not remember until I hear it or read about it but then I have no problem with association.

The bottom line is that I don't want to see the end of the road. I have plans to be with my family for quite a while without being a nuisance to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment