Saturday, July 31, 2021

Olympics 5

There are sports that are exciting and there are sports that bore me to sleep. Badminton is one. To watch a badminton game is one of the most boring thing in the world. It is on par with curling. Badminton is a combination of tennis and volleyball but in a much slower environment.

Chinese seem to be very good at it. I guess they play a lot of badminton over there. To me that is a picnic game to be played when a bunch of friends get together but not a sport to be in the Olympics.

Many years ago, in the early days of the modern Games chess was on the program. But I guess the games were already over and the players were still thinking on their opening moves. Eventually it was removed.

I am curious to see what new activity they will introduce at the next Olympics since all idiotic sports are in already. 

Some people say that ballroom dancing is a sport, called dancesport, and for years they were trying to have it included in the Olympics with no success. I think it would be more interesting than badminton and. it would force those women in the back countries to rethink their attitudes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment