Friday, May 20, 2022

Ageing

Life is very interesting. I sit in a car for a half an hour without moving and when it stops, and I have to get out it is painful. It feels like every joint in my limbs just got welded shut. I wabble like duck for minutes before I can retain my usual knightly gait. 

Another problem is bending down. I really have no trouble bending down but I do have trouble straightening up. That second half is the problem. I also walk with a cane. That is not for show, it gives me a safe feeling of balance. Here at home, I don't need it but out on the streets it gives me a secure feeling.

Interesting that sitting down, watching tv everything seems fine. I see activities and I keep telling myself that I could do those things. Could yes, can, no! When these annoying feelings crept up on me? I think they came on slowly because one day I just noticed that this and that were not as easy to do as they used to be.

I think these are the symptoms of ageing. But that's ok, in the next 20 years I'll get used to them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment