Saturday, May 14, 2022

Carwash

The other day we took our car to a carwash. We do this periodically because my wife wants the car spic and span clean. I think a nice and dirty car gives out a more macho look than an exceptionally clean car. But as always my views lost. The car went the wash.

In our area there are two such places that provide quick but efficient wash. For around $20 they vacuum the interior of the car, pass it through the wash, handwipe it and that is it. Not a bad deal. One of the two places also give you a frequent washer card which they stamp at each visit and after ten visits the next one is free.

Their price list shows than taxis get a dicount. Their prices are about $5 less than ours. So I suggested my wife that we should say we have a taxi. If asked we tell them that she is taxiing me all around. She didn't like the idea but I think it had merit.

Why give taxis a discount? Individual drivers come and not companies, Ok, taxiis represent a large group of cars. But us, plebians represent a much larger group. There should be plebes discounts also.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment