Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Life

My wife had to go somewhere today that necessitated filling up the car. After the fill up she called me up sounding very upset. Regular gas at our neighborhood Mobil station vas a little over $5 a gallon. That is a lot. I don't remember ever paying that much here in New York. They say we can expect $6 or even $7 a gallon before the year is up (in New York).

I remember when people were upset that gasoline prices went over $3 a gallon. But that was a very long time ago. Because of the local taxes, gasoline prices vary from state to state. I hear there are locations where they pay over $6 already. That means I should be glad we only pay $5?

The federal government and the state government is not doing anything about this. Washington is busy sending billions to Ukraine. As everybody say if they want peace, why send all the armament?

Gasoline prices go up, retail prices go up, there are shortages in the supermarkets, people can not find baby formulas. How long will this go on? How long will the silent majority will have to stay silent before anything can happen.

The idiots in Washington just grin and smile and try to pull our attention away from these problems. I would like to know at what point will they realize these issues and try to correct them? I will be very surprised if this administration will ever find a solution, instead of creating new problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment