Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Wine

I am not a wine enthusiast. That means if the wine has no fruity and sweet flavor it is lost on me. As such I don't appreciate good wine. Any good wine is wasted on me.  I am always smiling when I hear stories about wine auctions where rare vintage wines are auctioned off for a lot of money. 

These wines are in somebody's wine cellar for God knows how long and then are sold. The funny part comes when they decide to open the bottle and find that the multi thousand dollar they spent on a bottle is nothing more than vinegar. Somehow air got through the cork and that ruined the wine. Sad, but it happens.

The same thing happened to us. We had a 1969 Tokay Szamorodni in the house. Szamorodni is not tha famous Aszu but it is a good dessert wine, I happen to like. Last week we decided to uncork it and drink it. I was really looking forward to it. A while back we noticed that the wine was less in the bottle than long time ago. It was not dripping, there were no cracks on the body of the bottle. And it was totally sealed.

When we took off the folia covering the cork, we found that the cork sunk into the bottle, like it was sucked in. I don't understand why and how. Anyway, I wanted to try out the wine., so we poured two half glasses. I already had bad feelings about it.

It was terrible. Sour like vinegar. We spit it out and poured the rest down the drain. Sad! It was born in 1969 and ended its existence in 2022. At least it did not cost a fortune.




 1969 Tokay Szomorodni went sour

No comments:

Post a Comment