Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Return

Today, Tuesday is a big day for us. Today is the day my wife is returning from her overseas trip. In all honesty, I missed her. The house is empty when she is not around. It has some advantages, but they are mainly personal. I can do whatever I want, I can be lazy if I want to be. But these are unimportant things. The bottom line is that at least I missed her.

Abigail is so buried in her academic work that I don't even know if she realized that her mother was not around. Today Abigail has a very long day at the college. Her day starts at 7:30am and ends at 8:30pm. Normally her mom drives her into the City because we don't want her to gttake the subway at such an early hour. Then we drive in and pick her up in the evening.

This time I went in with her on the subway and in the evening her boyfriend picks her up and they come home using Uber. Last week and today was the first that I used the subway in a long time.I don't want to say it was an unforgettable experience but the truth is that I don't miss it. I walk wit a cane and last week a nice lady wanted to give me her seat. I declined because it wasn't hard standing,, but it was nice of her. Today the trains were empty and there were plenty of seats.

Still, if not absolutely necessary, I can live without it.

So, my wife is arriving tonight. As far as I am concerned the house is spick and span clean. Abigail and I worked hard to keep it clean and today I worked even harder. I hope she will be satisfied. I will let you know of her reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment