Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Basketball

Lately I have been watching basketball. Not that I am a big fan but there are times when there is nothing interesting on tv. The games are fast, the players are huge and interestingly there is a sprinkling of European pro who made it into the American teams. They probably make more money here than they would in Europe.

Here is something that I find interesting. I did know this before but watching these games it became obvious. At every pro game there is a first row, right by courtside that is reserved for the so-called celebrities. These celebrities who make their living off their fans just do not want to mingle with them. They think they are better than the rest of us and because of that tsthey should be treated differently. I have news for them: their s..t smells the same as ours.

They bring their wives, their children and some of them even do not show any interest in the game. Last night I was watching Dallas playing against the Phoenix Suns and the camera showed one of these celebrities dozing off during the game. This is the same thing that in the Disney parks these people do not have to stand in line for the rides like the rest of us simple people. 

Are they really VIPs? What makes them important? Their money? I thought we are living in a democratic society where we are all equal. I guess some are more equal than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment