Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Anniversary

I know I repeat myself, but birthdays are also celebrated every year, and nobody says it is boring. So this is my blog, and I can repeat whatever I want.

October 31 is Halloween and also the anniversary of my landing in this here great count October 31, 1957 I landed agt what was then called Idelwild Airport, today JFK Airport. 66 years ago that it happened. Lots of things happened in that time but the bottom line is that I am not sorry that I came.

I don't know how my life would have turned out had I stayed in Hungary, but I am pretty sure this was a good move. Nobody gave me a guarantee when I landed, and I was not expecting one. I gathered that I would have to study and work if I wanted to make life and exactly that was what I did.

All my life I worked, never wanted and needed any charity and right now I am pretty satisfied with what I achieved. I'm not saying that a few millions wouldn't have made any difference but still, it is ok right now. I spent three quarters of my life here in the US and I guess that makes me more American than Hungarian. But still I like my roots, I like the language and most of all like their food.


No comments:

Post a Comment