Thursday, October 12, 2023

Television

Lately I have been watching a lot of tv, mainly movies either on Netflix or on Amazon Prime. These are the only ones I currently have access to. But they do provide enough to watch. I like action, historical, sci-fi and "blood and guts" movies. If available, I prefer foreign versus American films. I find foreign more realistic than the fake morals in the American movies.

My wife loves Hallmark movies. So, when she is watching I am forced to share with her. I personally find Hallmark unrealistic, simple and fake. Their storylines are ridiculous and do not reflect real life. In any movie where it takes two hours for a couple to place the first (and only) kiss is a joke.

In today's life if a couple dating does not become intimate by the third date is not from this world. In Hallmark they do not even hold hands. Their creations appear more and more if they are produced by a Christian evangelist organization. But she still loves them, so to keep the peace I watch them, too.

I have to admit that occasionally I get myself into a movie that is totally against what I usually like but it starts interestingly, so I watch it all the way through. And if it ends nicely, I even shed a tear or two. I am a big softy when it comes to that. These are mainly foreign movies. The other day I watched a Polish film on Netflix that made me tear up at the end. Maybe because I am getting old(er) I am getting soft?

American western leave me cold. There were times when I liked them, but I guess I outgrew those. I really like political intrigue. Not that we don't have enough of those in our everyday life, but I still find those interesting. 

We don't go to the movies much. They are expensive and there is not much that is worth seeing and eventually they all wind up on Netflix. So, why bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment