Friday, October 6, 2023

Donations

I know I mentioned this subject before, but I can not help but have to revisit it. It is absolutely "dangerous" to give money to any kind of charities. Somehow, they are linked together and giving to one will open a flood of requests from various charities of all different types. 

In the past few days, we received mail from about ten different charities, some sent more than one. These charities range from animal protection to Ronald McDonald House, to Indian children, to veterans, to children's hospitals. One wishes that it would be possible to give to all, but this is just not doable.

I am sure that all these somewhere are listed in a central databank and when one donation arrives suddenly, they all know about it and the flood of requests begins. There is not a single day when requests would not arrive. I don't know how much these organizations spend on postage, but it must be a lot.

It gets embarrassing when they also send some small gifts in the mail. I am not even talking about calendars. We have here at home at least ten different wall calendars for 2024. Years ago, we had to go to banks to get some, now we have a lot more than we need.

Knowing the high salaries the executives at these charities get I am very leery to give any money to them. If they would turn at least 75 to 80 cents of every dollar to the help it is meant, then I might be amiable to donate. But while the majority of the money goes for the overhead, sorry no dollar! And as far as I know the federal government is mum on this subject. They do not help at all.

Good country America!

No comments:

Post a Comment