Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Asylum

I came to this country many years ago hoping for an asylum. The country was good to me, accepted me and I lived all my adult life in here. From the beginning I worked and paid my taxes, crossed my t's and dotted my i's, learned the language, went to school. Never a fallout with the law. This is the way any immigrant coming into this country should do. Sticking to one's native language and insisting that others speak it too is totally wrong. And this was the way all my friends and acquaintances who came to this country at the same time as I did act. All assimilated into the American lifestyle, became business or professional people.

Looking at pictures of all these "asylum seekers" who are climbing over walls, crossing rivers in their attempt to get in the country, I wonder what is it they hope to achieve? Do they believe that the streets here are paved with gold and that money grows on trees? Or they are seriously looking for jobs? Here is my question, what kind of jobs? What is their qualifications? Are they willing to learn English and do some hard work? Or they just want to live off public assistance or crime? Then they should have stayed in their own country because their lives here will not be that much different.

I occasionally drive through a neighborhood where previously arrived illegals congregate waiting for some occasional work. These are called day laborers. Cars, pickup trucks come early morning and pick some strong men for day work in small scale construction, loading, moving or such works. These poor slobs make a couple of hundred dollars a day (if they are lucky). But they have to do this day after day. The city is filled with these people. Now the newcomers arrive but I don't believe they want to do such work.

My question is this: who in the world would hire such people with no language skill, no knowledge of any trade, no identification of any kind? Are these people al political refugees and that is why they are seeking asylum? This is a total disaster in the making and that lame president we have does not acknowledge it. No wonder crime is raising its ugly head in every city.

Good country America?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment