Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Eden

I am not a religious person, there are things that I believe in. There are also certain things that I question. I don't believe religion should be forced upon anybody. This is an individual thing between the person and his or her belief.

I know that the Bible is a compilation of religious people's writings. Some are ancient, some are not. The Old Testament deals with the Israelites while the New Testament deals with Jesus and Christianity. But the New Testament is based on the Old Testament. I am not an agnostic but there are things in the Bible that I question. And that is related to Eden.

Genesis, the firs chapter in the Old Testament deals with the creation of the world as we know it. The last creation of God were Adam and Eve, the first humans. As time went by they had two sons, Cain and Abel. Later out of jealousy Cain killed Abel. When God found out what he did...  

[4:16] Then Cain went away from the presence of the LORD, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.
[4:17] Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch; and he built a city, and named it Enoch after his son Enoch.                  

This what I question. If Adam and Eve were the first two people and their only remaining son Cain in this world, where did he go to find other people? Who were those people, where did they come from?

I am sure there are other things in the Bible that can be questioned, but this one caught my eye, and I thought I will mention it. I have time!




No comments:

Post a Comment