Friday, October 20, 2023

Sleep

I used to be able to sleep 'till all hours of a day. If there was no need to get up early, I could stay in bed very easily until 10 in the morning. But that is not the case anymore. I don't know if that is a sign of an advanced age, but 5-6 hours sleep seems to be perfectly enough for me.

I usually go to bed around midnight or later and up by 6:30 the latest and unfortunately, I need to make a couple of bathroom visits every night. This does not give me uninterrupted sleep, but it works. Maybe older people don't sleep long hours because they don't want to waste time on unimportant things. Not that when I am awake I do so much important things, but still. I like to be on standby in case the world needs my talents (ha). 

I get up at 6:30 while everyone else including Robin are still asleep. As quiet as a church mouse I go to the kitchen and fix myself a coffee. Sit in total silence until after 7 the house starts stirring. Usually, my wife is the first up then Abigail if she has to go to school. If not, she sleeps and sleeps and sleeps. I envy her, I used to be like that. Not anymore. Is this a sign of aging? Or already aged?

No comments:

Post a Comment