Saturday, October 7, 2023

Senior citizen

I don't want to seem that I am preoccupied with old age, but this what I am, old and 24/7 I feel it. The aches and pains and the discomforts that come with age are always around, they can not be denied. Interestingly these symptoms don't just suddenly show up. We don't just wake up one morning and realize that we are old. They are sneaky, they creep upon us slowly. 

The thing is that at the beginning we don't pay any attention to the symptoms. Just label them as discomfort, but slowly as they intensify that is when we realize that hey, maybe this is old age. When we acknowledge that bending down and straightening up are not that easy anymore that is when the light will go on in our brain. And that is when we will realize that maybe, against all reasons we have to admit and accept that we are getting or already are old.

My wife keeps telling me that I have serious problem accepting that I am aged (that is a nicer version of old). Maybe because with the exception of being grouchy I don't act like a real old man. I don't know how real old people act or behave but being surrounded by younger people might have something to do with it. My wife is younger, and Abigail is 21 and a half. If these help, let it be.

I don't deny it is very comfortable to sit on my behind and do nothing but when there is a chance, I still like to go to the gym. My wife has a membership and she always takes Abigail or me along with her. I still like the little workout. It makes me feel refreshed. Naturally I can do what I used to do but still I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment