Friday, May 20, 2016

Abigail

A thirteen year old girl going on fourteen can be the menace of a household. Abigail will be fourteen in June and she possesses more knowledge than Albert Einstein.

At least that is what she makes us believe. She is extremely self opinionated, critical and knows everything better than us. I never realized that 8th graders in this country are so smart.

She also knows etiquette better than anybody. Criticizes me non-stop about how I eat. Like if I make any noise while eating she reprimands me. If I speak a little louder she reprimands me. If I don't serve her breakfast fast enough she reprimands me.

My life with her is nothing but one reprimand after another. She speaks nasty to her mother which upsets me to no end. But when she wants something she is as sweet as honey.

When she comes home from school she locks herself into her room and only comes out to eat or to demand something.

Communication between us is non existing.

As I understand this a normal teenager behavior. But I can not fathom that if this is normal why schools do not address this issue. If all parents have this problem why the educational system do not try to head it off.

She is the female version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. She is sweet with her friends who are naturally all possess "superior intelligence". But at home she is a different individual.

When I was growing up and if I mouthed off front of my Mother she immediately smacked me across the mouth. I am a great believer of that kind of discipline but it appears that here a parent has no right to discipline his or her child.

It's a great country we live in where a child has more right than the parents who are raising him or  her.

No comments:

Post a Comment