Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Las Vegas

I am back. I have to admit I have been back for a few days now but I can really get used to being lazy and have no pressing responsibilities like writing a daily blog.

But duty calls and  here I am in one piece.

Vacation is over and in short we had a great time. Maybe the only dark spot was the quality of Delta's planes. We had to take three planes on our trip and two out of the three were really bad. But that is another issue.

Our stay in Las Vegas was very peasant. We stayed at the new Hilton Elara which is right on the Strip. Even though we rented a car we didn't use it every day because most things were within walking distance.

We walked and walked. I think I lost about two inches from my height due to wear. This place is amazing. It does not need a special occasion, a holiday or school holiday to fill up with people it is just full all the time.

There are things and places that can be seen over and over again. On our last visit last year we saw a lot but this time it was not repetitious to see some of the same places again.

Abigail had a good time. The place was a little overwhelming for her but eventually she got used to it.

The weather was in one word "crappy".  Many days the temperature was down to the 50s but on some others it was up in the 70s. We should have brought more warm clothes than we did but this how we learn.

The bottom line is that it is good  to be home in our own turf.

No comments:

Post a Comment