Saturday, May 28, 2016

Friday

As I have mentioned it yesterday we purchased the air conditioners for the apartment. Today was the day of reckoning meaning the installation.

My wife's son came over and did all the work. End result is that they are all in their designated locations and all of them is working.

That is the short version. The long version is that he sweated blood until he set up the ones the salesman at P.C. Richards said were no problem to set up.

I came to the conclusion and given my age I should have known better that salesmen lie. They lie in a large scale. All they ever care about is to make the sale regardless of the consequences.

Yesterday when we were at the store a salesman walks up and asks if he could help. When we started to talk about air conditioners he comings over with another person and introduces him as their a/c expert.

As far as I am concerned he was as much of an expert as I am an expert of nuclear fission. All he did was sounded honest and knowledgeable just to make the sale. But it is also my fault that I believe these phony characters.

These a/cs all have an exhaust in the back through which the warm air leaves. Nobody, not even the expert told us that these a/cs need another 10" or more for the for these exhaust ducts. That was our main problem finding enough space for the new units.

But with Hungarian ingenuity my wife tackled the problems and now they are all proudly occupy their designated places.

No comments:

Post a Comment