Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Monday

I really don't want to bore anybody but my life is being manipulated by the computer system. Since we had a service shut down on our cable system last week things just weren't the same.

My wife who understands all this a lot better than I do figured out that our modem is the likely culprit because it just did not go back to its original self.

With that belief in our possession we went to the cable company's office that is nearby and had that modem replaced. They gave us a better one and we took it home full of anticipation. Well, the damn thing didn't work.

It was taking id codes and passwords that none of  us remembered. But Thanks to my wife's stubborn attitude she wouldn't let go and eventually she got 50% of the system working.

That means we have Internet on one computer, w have TV and telephone. About three other computers and my Notepad and the printer still not working with WiFi.

Tonight we hope her son will come over and decode all the stupid questions that come up when one tries to set up a system.

I will watch it with eagle eyes and I am convinced the minute he leaves the apartment I will forget everything he did.

Oh, how I love this age of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment